mystic2awesome polyvore

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Recycling memories

This piece just sold this last week and has a new home elsewhere and I had to say goodbye, but it's always interesting to see where my art pieces are going to be living their new life. I believe that a positive part of me goes with them on their journey to their new phase in their long, exciting life. Some day years from now someone may see them or a part of them and wonder where they began their journey and who loved them.

My mother used to make patchwork quilts when I was a little girl. She used pieces of cloth from an old dress that my grandmother wore to church, another patch piece from one of my favorite dresses I had out grown or maybe a piece from a birthday blouse she once wore. Each and every piece of cloth on that quilt had it's own story to tell. I loved looking at it for hours and hours and reciting each the story to myself about each and every cloth patch on that beloved quilt. What are some of your favorite recycling stories?

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

When I was a little girl, my father would sometimes come home with cast-off broken toys that he'd found in the garbage somewhere. He would fix them, paint them, whatever needed to be done to make them nice again for us. Often we played with them for years! So that's a story of recycling with love too.

Emme Toaye said...

Loved your story Debra :)!!