mystic2awesome polyvore

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mystical March Madness


"You can do anything you want to do. What is rare is this actual wanting to do a certain thing: wanting it so much that you are practically blind to all other things, that nothing else will satisfy you." a quote by painter Robert Henri, from his book The Art Spirit. This is a quote I have kept close, because it helps to know that I am not the only crazy person out there. I have always been a creative person, when my cousins were playing with paper dolls I was busy designing my own dolls.

With my bad eyesight I spent time drawing in school so my teachers would think that I was copying the homework from the chalk board. Then after class I would copy the notes from a friend's paper close up. Didn't tell anyone I couldn't see the chalk board, didn't want to be different and now days I strive to be different. Here are a couple of my little altered dolls one for the light side and one for the darker side of my shops at etsy. I thought photographing them on the green would fit in with St. Patrick's day and the madness of March. I started my first shop out with beaded jewelry, but there is a ton of competition out there for jewelry, so I started looking for other things that I could put beads on. The toy section at my favorite Thrift Museums are full of these little "once loved" little dollies just waiting to be loved once again. It's really exciting to know that they are going somewhere to live a new life in another town, state or even another country.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Adorable! One looks like Marie-Antoinette and the other looks like a punk Bam-Bam! BTW, there's an award for you over at yesterday's post (March 9) on my blog.