mystic2awesome polyvore

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Driftwood

I hate having my picture taken but I decided that I would put a picture or two of myself on this blog. The shadow is me. The wooden thing is my friend, a huge tree trunk that was on the beach with a lot of other driftwood friends. David Sarnoff once said " A life that hasn't a definite plan is likely to become driftwood". I can only hope! I love driftwood, I love the shapes of driftwood, I love the feel of driftwood and I love that driftwood is free and recyclable. I am not sure that I even like David Sarnoff, but I get his meaning. As you can tell by the sand this huge piece of driftwood had a lot of attention and was very popular there at the beach. The first day was a beautiful sunny day and perfect for walks on the beach. I look really tall here but in fact I am only 5 foot and 1 and a half inches tall. I had a little problem with allergies, they get me every year about this time and of course something was blooming so I am still recuperating. I put a vacation sign in my etsy shop, which made it a white space here at my blog. I actually sold a couple of pieces (3) as soon as I got back so that was really fun for me. And I just listed two new pieces to my shops and I am getting back into work mode again. All in all it was a great little vacation, I hope your next Vacation is as much fun minus the allergies for you and yours.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a great photo! Love the shadow silhouette! Too bad about the allergies, but it's still nice to get away and have a little break, isn't it? Welcome back!

Rue said...

Glad you had a great vacation! The beach is always a nice place to be - and that driftwood is huge!

I don't like having my pic taken either - but the shadow effect is cool!

Emme Toaye said...

Your right Debra, it's great to be back with fresh inspiration and sand in my backpack.

Emme Toaye said...

Rue, glad you like the "shadow effect" I was taking a picture of my husband who was on the other side of the driftwood and I noticed my shadow. So I just normally thought she should be included in a few pictures and I had fun posing and taking a picture at the same time!

FrankenBarry said...

A great photo... good thing your shadow isn't camera shy! I've never seen such a huge piece of driftwood – looks like dinosaur fossil remains! Here in Colorado, it's more like drift twigs.