mystic2awesome polyvore

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sweet Lucid Dreams


Days of the Week Comments=

~Magickal Graphics~

As you may have noticed I LOVE sleeping, dreaming and if possible Lucid Dreaming. I detest NOT being able to sleep, waking up and not being able to go back to sleep and anything that keeps me from being able to sleep. My husband has some disk problems and has been using magnets for his back for some time now and he even takes them to bed with him. I have a shoulder problem from an auto injury years ago that causes me pain if I happen to roll over on that particular shoulder. I had tried pills, both pain pills and muscle relaxers a few times but did not like taking them too often. I will do anything to keep from having to have surgery done.

One night in the middle of the night I did an awful thing. I stole my husbands magnets while he lay sleeping and put it on my shoulder and in about fifteen minutes I was almost pain free and was able to go back to my much welcomed sleep. I don't know if it was the magnets, or if it is just all in my mind but I believe it was the magnets and now I have my own that I sleep with every night. I even wear magnets in the day time to keep my upper back from hurting when I spend too much time at the computer. I can tell if I am not wearing them at the computer because when my back starts to hurt I know I have forgotten to put them on. And NO, refrigerator magnets do NOT work.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I've known people for whom magnets did wonderful things. I'm glad they work for you and your husband too.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

I love sleep too! :D Glad to hear these work for you. I would be very cranky if I did not get my sleep! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

greekwitch said...

I adore sleep. I need more than eight hours per day. I do not funtion well with just that. I completely understand you. I do not know anything about magnets, but i had a problem with my back when i was 17 and i went to an alternative chiropract that was pretty witchy and never had a problem again. For a nice sleep half an hour before sleep drink a cup of lavender-st john's wort(you can also add valerian root, damiana, chamomile and hibiscus) tea with some honey and you will sleep deeply. Nighty night*

Emme Toaye said...

Thanks Debra, hope your having a great day!

Emme Toaye said...

Frog Queen, hey I'm glad I am not the only person in love with sleeping! Good to hear from you.

Emme Toaye said...

Greekwitch, I tried a chiropractor after my accident. He commented on my inability to relax during treatment which doesn't help with the adjustments. I don't like massages either, but that's a different story. Thanks for the information on the herbs and such. I have the Valerian and I take melatonin so I'll add some of the others you mentioned, thanks!