mystic2awesome polyvore

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dish Fairies

My Fun Friday was over much too soon and surprisingly it was harder to slow down and just have fun than I thought it would be, so I know that it was a much needed Fun Day. It is difficult to keep your mind focused on "just having fun" and you have to forcefully push thoughts of "I need to find a real job" and "those household chores are not going to be done by fairies when I get back".

First off, since my mind was on a vacation sort of mode, I forgot to take my digital camera with me. True to my "Fun Self" I did not turn around and go back for it, I thought that this was the first true test of my desire to "just have fun". There was probably a reason that I forgot my camera, because I found myself paying more attention to the sights I saw along the way on my fun journey. The Canadian Geese come to visit and spend winters here in Oregon. They are a delight to watch them when they decide to land, first they send in a few brave souls on point and if they survive the landing with no hunter shooting at them. Now it is safe for the next ten or fifteen geese to land, again no hunter shoots. The rest of the geese circle around watching to see what happens and then here come another bunch brave enough to land and the rest of the geese again circle around and the whole procedure continues until all have landed safely. If I had had my camera I would have spent time taking photos and not really enjoying just sitting and watching the geese in their daily routine.
I also visited my local library, such a slow paced peaceful place that I am sure I will visit more often now. I then got in my car and drove out of town to a place to go for a little hike and get back to nature and there I just focused on the feel of the forests around me and the sounds of the birds, the squirrels, and the rustling of others more shy in the bushes and the scents that surrounded me. There I thanked the God/Gods for allowing me to forget my camera and truly enjoy my Friday of Fun. I finished up my day playing with my little Mermaid pictured here above (I call it playing because it is not work to me). But alas I did do some work, I just couldn't stop myself, I listed my little Mermaid at my shop at etsy .

Oh, yes! Fairies do exist! When I arrived home the dish fairies had been there and all my dishes were done! Who would have ever thought that a dish fairy would be 5 foot 9 inches and have a hairy chest, thanks honey...I love you too!

Mermaid with her Fish and Beaded Hair by mystic2awesome on Etsy

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like a lovely day! And hooray for the Dish Fairy!