mystic2awesome polyvore

Monday, October 11, 2010

Could Lady Gaga NOT wear clothing made out of meat parts! I like that she is a unique and way out there girl, but that "Meatwear" stolen from project runway was just NOT pretty, NOT unique enough and NOT anything she could reasonably explain. She could have worn a pretty piece of pastry and smeared icing all over herself or went totally chocolate with it dripping all over her and strategically placed for a WOW piece and she would have gotten rave reviews. This piece was inspired by Lady Gaga before the meat fiasco and I rather like the big heart she wears. This one started out with a porcelain doll with fabric body. I thought about how to make her clothing, then realized that I can't sew so I painted her with silver acrylic paint, a lead look-a-like of glass paint and lots of jewelry embellishments. The red heart is an acrylic piece recycled from a cheesy piece of jewelry but I liked that the light shines through it beautifully. I hope you enjoy her as much as I enjoyed working on her and you can see a full view at my etsy shop.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like your dessert and chocolate ideas for Lady Gaga's next "look!" SO much more appealing!